UPDATED MARCH 3: We added the Fox films that stealth returned March 3rd as well as removed the many Nat Geo no-shows from the past few days as well as the many unlisted from the March video from our stats. Every year, their team royally blows it in March.
Monthly Breakdown: Deja Vu Again And Again…
Yet another (gosh it gets tiring writing this) disappointing month for anyone seeking variety, catalog, or a service that caters to more than kids. The potential is always there, but it ends up squandered.
- After shocking everyone in February by beginning A&E, Lifetime, and History additions, they have done the typical Disney+ Content Team thing: gotten bored and stopped on a dime. 0 titles from these brands after dominating in February.
- Despite resuming ESPN 30 for 30 additions in February, they’ve once again stopped that too.
- The current Nat Geo remains heavily slanted towards Hulu per the December 2022 strategy change, so the brunt of this month is old Nat Geo that has been streaming internationally for a year or so.
- The #Disney100 is once again meaningless with no missing catalog. We strongly struggle to understand how this service’s catalog offerings each month are worth $10.99.
- Women’s History Month is here, but the new originals MPower and Turning the Tables Season 2 are all you get. Can’t have Ally McBeal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Golden Girls, Blossom, Felicity My So-Called Life, Dollhouse, How I Met Your Father, The Mick, Pitch, Scream Queens, Star, The Golden Palace, American Housewife, Body of Proof, Cougar Town, Cristella, Desperate Housewives, Mistresses, Quantico, Revenge, Reba, Trophy Wife, Ugly Better, Women of the Movement, Army Wives, GCB, Killer Women, The Protector, Red Widow, Young & Hungry, Samantha Who, or The Astronaut’s Wife Club on Disney+, can we? Fun Fact: This is the nearly complete library of woman-led series available on Hulu or free on ABC.com and many of these stream outside USA.
- No international originals for the first time in months.
- The first “live sport” on Disney+ is coming March 14th, with a caveat. It’s cool and promising, but our team agrees, disappointing that the non-animated version of the NHL’s Washington Capitals vs New York Rangers game simulcasting March 14 is NOT available for grown ups to stream as an alternative. Gotta log into a separate app (ESPN+) for that feed.
- In further sad news, our prediction (you should probably follow our Twitter for scoops insight you won’t get anywhere else) that Doogie Kamealoha would a be binge drop (aka burn-off / cancellation) is on its way to being correct. Follow us and you’ll see we have a sixth sense for this stuff and are correct more than most. All episodes at once would have allowed subscribers something to enjoy weekly for 2 months. Show is doomed.
- The only REALLY good thing they’ve done is add Doogie Howser, MD, but even that comes with negativity. They are FINALLY adding it, just before Season 2 of Doogie Kamealoha when it should have been added 2 years ago, before Season 1. Back when the show stood a chance at continuing. With Peter Rice gone, Doogie is sure to meet the same fate as his other saved shows: Big Shot, Mighty Ducks, and the confirmed-to-be-cancelled Mysterious Benedict Society.
- What ever happened to Disney+ releasing adequate weekly content? It’s bewildering how far it’s fallen. We regularly had 3-5 unique weekly episodes of shows, now we are down to 1-2 shows a month with the rest binge drops. They choose to solely offer weekly Star Wars in March. Bad Batch and The Mandalorian. That’s literally it. If you don’t like that brand, you don’t need to subscribe or login on Wednesdays.
- Final tidbits: Prom Pact has apparently fully lost its Disney+ Original status, classified by them as a “library” addition. But it’s also NOT a Disney Channel Original Movie? And the day they add Chang Can Dunk, they’re skipping all catalog additions? Chang wrapped over a year ago!
Disney+ Library Averages / Totals
Library Brand Breakdown
[NAT GEO] – 8 (Originally, 14 were scheduled. They unacceptable de-listed 6 titles on March 3rd)
[DISNEY CHANNEL / XD] – 7
[DISNEY JUNIOR] – 5
[20TH CENTURY FILMS] – 1
[ABC / FREEFORM / 20TH TV] – 1
[DISNEY FILMS] – 0
[ESPN] – 0
[VINTAGE TV / SHORTS] – 0
[A&E NETWORKS] – 0
TOTAL LIBRARY – 27
ORIGINALS – 7
RETURNING TITLES: 1 (Unpromoted, as always due to unprofessionalism)
RE-LISTED TITLES: 0
TOTAL ADDITIONS: 34 (Worst month in over a half a year)
Last 3 Months Comparison
Arriving On Disney+ March 2023
Streaming Wednesday, March 1
- Eureka! (Season 1, Episodes 21-24) [DISNEY JUNIOR] } 🔍 Stream Clue #1 – This series has been cancelled, final episodes arrive in next batch.
Going Fur Gold (Season 1) (2023) [NAT GEO] } 🔍 Stream Clue #2 – One month delay from initial planned date.NO-SHOW
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2, Episode 11) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3, Episode 1) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
Streaming Friday, March 3
Dino Death Match (2015) [NAT GEO]NO-SHOW The Next Mega Tsunami (2014) [NAT GEO]NO-SHOW
- Rio (2011) [20TH CENTURY FILMS] } 🔍 Stream Clue #3 – As always, their team does not promote returning titles. The Coming Soon page has been up for months.
- Ever After (Stealth returned)
- We Bought a Zoo (Stealth returned)
- Miss Peregrine’s (Stealth returned)
Streaming Wednesday, March 8
- Africa’s Deadliest (Seasons 2-5) [NAT GEO] } 🔍 Stream Clue #4 – Skipping season 1. Great, here we go again with Nat Geo incompete series.
- Chibiverse (Season 1) [DISNEY CHANNEL]
- Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (Season 1, Episodes 7-11) [DISNEY CHANNEL]
- Mpower (2023) (Season 1) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES } 🔍 Stream Clue #5 – This is their Women’s History Month celebration?
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends (Season 2, Episodes 9-12) [DISNEY JUNIOR]
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2, Episode 12) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3, Episode 2) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
Streaming Friday, March 10
- Surprise! Due to poor catalog management they are skipping library additions with over 2,000 titles missing.
- Chang Can Dunk (2023) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL MOVIE} 🔍 Stream Clue #6 – With barely any promotion, this film is being tossed onto the service 2 weeks before the more normally promoted Prom Pact? Hopefully we get more soon..
Streaming Tuesday, March 14
- Disney / NHL Big City Green Classic (Washington Capitals vs New York Rangers) – Livestream simulcast with Disney Channel, Disney XD, ESPN, and ESPN+ [DISNEY CHANNEL]
Streaming Wednesday, March 15
- Doogie Howser, MD (Season 1-4) [20TH TV] } 🔍 Stream Clue #7 – This should have arrived before Season 1 of Doogie Kamealoha. Way too late. And there goes our 1 “normal” catalog show for the year!
- Engineering Connections (Seasons 1-2) [NAT GEO]
- Firebuds (Season 1, Episodes 16 -19) [DISNEY JUNIOR]
- Kiff (2023 – ) (Season 1, Episodes 1-6) [DISNEY CHANNEL]
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2, Episode 13) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3, Episode 3) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Turning the Table with Robin Roberts (Season 2) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
Streaming Friday, March 17
- Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming with Dave Letterman (2023) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY
- Hippo VS. Croc (2014) [NAT GEO]
Streaming Wednesday, March 22
- How to Win at Everything (Season 1) (2015) [NAT GEO]
- Kiya & the Kimoja Heroes (Season 1, Episodes 1-4) [DISNEY JUNIOR]
- Restaurants at the End of the World (Season 1) (2023) [NAT GEO]
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2, Episode 14) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3, Episode 4) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Superstructures: Engineering Marvels (2019) [NAT GEO]
Streaming Thursday, March 23
- Trafficked with Mariana Van Zeller (Seasons 1-3) [NAT GEO]
Streaming Friday, March 24
- Witness Disaster [NAT GEO]
Streaming Saturday, March 25
- Saturdays (Season 1, Episodes 1-6) [DISNEY CHANNEL]
- Secrets of Sulphur Springs (Season 3) [DISNEY CHANNEL]
Streaming March 29
- Crimes Against Nature (Season 2) [NAT GEO]
- Incredibly Small World (Season 1) [NAT GEO]
- Mickey Mouse Funhouse (Season 2, Episodes 6-9) [DISNEY JUNIOR]
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2, Episodes 15-16 – Season Finale) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Season 3, Episode54) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
Streaming March 31
- Doogie Kamealoha, MD (Season 2) –DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES
- Prom Pact (2023) [DISNEY CHANNEL] } 🔍 Stream Clue: Premieres on Disney Channel, but was labeled Disney+ Original. The press release says it’s a library addition, so it is now a non-Disney Channel Original Movie Disney Channel Movie. Their marketing is awful.
- Worst Weather Ever? (2013) [NAT GEO]
Leaving Disney+ March 1, 2023
For the 12th month in a row, we can exclusively confirm titles leaving Disney+ USA. Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb and Alvin and the Chipmunks leave for HBO. We told you the past few months to prepare for NATM 3 to go. We continue to warn you, X-Men Days of Future Past and West Side Story: Something’s Coming are leaving soon.
Please follow along here as we track removals and returns.
The Disney 100 Check-In Corner
As always, no changes.
Disney Branded TV Live-Action Check-In
Extremely disappointing. Nothing. Again.
Disney Cartoon Check-In
Extremely disappointing. Nothing. Again.
Additional data: 61 Missing Cartoons
Modern Nat Geo Check-In
Until Disney+ properly employs a next or same day streaming strategy for Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild series and specials, we will continue to track the slow pace they add content.
Despite the influx of Nat Geo in November – March, the 2020-2023 specials remain far behind and now Hulu has become a massive roadblock as they have started a new strategy in the past 6 months that sends assloads of specials to Hulu instead of the Disney+ brand tile.
- National Geographic Investigates: Legal Marijuana in America (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates: Peru’s Grave Mystery (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates: Colombian Hippo Invasion (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Titanic: 25 Years Later with James Cameron (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates: Great Lakes Wreckage (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates: Battle for Alaska’s Oil (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates – Narco Bling: Chapo Guzman End Game (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- National Geographic Investigates: LSD and Psychedelics (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Pablo Escobar: Man vs Myth (2022) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Narco Wars: Drugs in America (2022) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Narco Wars: Queen Pins (2022) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Super Frenchie: Adventure Calls (2022)
- National Geographic Investigates: The Fall of Osama Bin Laden (2022) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Latin America from Above: From Baja to Patagonia (2022) – Narrated by Gina Rodriguez
- Home Rediscovered (2021)
- Rise Again: Tulsa and the Red Summer (2021) (On Hulu)
- Killer High The Silent Crisis (2021) (Left Hulu in May 2022)
- Our America: Todos Unidos (2021)
- Mountain Strong: Surviving the Creek Fire (2021)
- Serpent’s Surprise (2021)
- Our America: Asian Voices (2021)
- Our America: Climate of Hope (2021)
- The Last Drop (2021)
- Mission Possible: The Race for a Vaccine (2021)
- The March on Washington: Keepers of the Dream (2021) (On Hulu)
- North Korea: Inside the Mind of a Dictator (2021) (On Hulu)
- Launch America: Mission to Space Live (2020)
- Butt Heads: The Strange Story of Sheep (2020)
- The Incredible Dr. Pol (Season 22) (Airing)
- Secrets of the Zoo: Tampa (Season 4) (airing)
- Life Below Zero Season 20 (airing)
- Port Protection: Alaska Season 6 (airing) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Life Below Zero: Next Generation Season 5 (airing) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Border Patrol aka To Catch a Smuggler: South Pacific (Seasons 9-12) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- UFOs: Investigating the Unknown (2023) (Foolishly licensed to Hulu despite Nat Geo brand tile)
- Narco Wars (Seasons 1-3) (Licensed to Hulu)
- Trafficked With Mariana van Zeller (Seasons 1-3) (Licensed to Hulu)
- The Hot Zone (Seasons 1-2) (Licensed to Hulu)
- Car SOS Season 10
- Car SOS Season 9
Additional date: Nat Geo Library Progress
The Usual “Missing Titles” Watch
- Epic (2013) Blue Sky film and Dr. Dolittle 2 (2008) both left HBO August 1 2022 and were previously on Disney+ USA.
- Dr. Dolittle 5 and Flicka: Country Pride left HBO or Starz last year. Both stream internationally and 1 of 3 were once on Disney+ USA.
- Dick Tracy and Jungle Book 1994 left HBO February 28th, 2021. 1 of the 3 stream internationally.
- Everybody’s Hero and Eddie the Eagle remain lost after mysterious removals.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked never returned after leaving for Peacock, then leaving Peacock.
Additional data: 82 Missing Disney Pictures Films
Additional data: Over 2000 Missing Touchstone, Hollywood, and Fox Films
Additional data: All Titles Removed From Disney+ USA
Final Consensus: Is It Worth 10.99 A Month?
For the 2nd month in a row since we launched this feature, heck no! The Mandalorian is all that’s worth watching. But is it worth $10.99?
Monthly recommendation: Churn unless you like Baby Yoda or hate spoilers. If you don’t mind them, wait until April or May,
Drew Ryan is a film, TV, and Disney geek. He has degrees in English, Student Personnel Administration, and Library & Information Science from Lawrence University, Concordia University-Wisconsin, and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interested in the minutia and licensing of streaming service content, he is always publishing lists, suggestions, and advocating for Disney’s missing library to be added to Disney+. Drew subscribes to Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Paramount+. You can find him waxing nostalgic over classic Disney Channel or geeking out over Marvel, CW shows, & Disney on Twitter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.