I received word from a very trusted source that Disney is currently exploring changes for a potential Big Shot season 2. This is NOT a confirmation the series has been renewed. It’s common for series in limbo to pitch the next season prior to official pickup. As the producers are exploring changes, it means the show hasn’t been cancelled yet. Temper your expectations. Though if I had to guess, I’d say Mighty Ducks (2021) and Big Shot WILL return in 2022.
Below you’ll find the possible season 2 bits along with my reaction to each.
Changes and stories being explored:
- Moving to a binge drop (No, thank you. Let me savor this series and look forward to watching it unspoiled each week.)
- Fewer episodes (This would be a poor choice, IMO. 10 episodes for a drama is the new standard. Only the most prestige dramas dare drop below that number and there are a lot of characters to balance.)
- Increasing Harper’s role (Yes! Darcy Rose Byrnes has been a delight and I’m excited to see her character, and relationship with Carolyn, grow.)
- Additional LGBT representation (Bring it. Big Shot already has the honor of featuring Disney+’s first LGBT kiss in an Original.)
- Exploring Holly and Marvyn’s relationship (Of course. The seeds are there.)
- Less melodrama (I hope not. This is Us is one of the most watched TV dramas and it’s quite.. melodramatic.)
- Emma, Louise, Destiny, Samantha, Olive, and Carolyn trying to get into colleges (Makes sense.)
What do you think about these possibilities? Are there any you’re vehemently against? Any that excite you? Have you told someone about Big Shot today? If not – go DO it. Get people to watch this series.
Drew Ryan is a film, TV, and Disney geek. He has degrees in English, Student Personnel Administration, and Library & Information Science from Lawrence University, Concordia University-Wisconsin, and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interested in the minutia and licensing of streaming service content, he is always publishing lists, suggestions, and advocating for Disney’s missing library to be added to Disney+. Drew subscribes to Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Paramount+. You can find him waxing nostalgic over classic Disney Channel or geeking out over Marvel, CW shows, & Disney on Twitter.
1 thought on “[EXCLUSIVE] Possible Big Shot (2021) Season 2 Storylines”
Comments are closed.